A free HMRC tax app is available to taxpayers.
The App can be used to see:
- Your tax code and National Insurance Number.
- An estimate of the tax you need to pay
- Your income and benefits
- Up to 12 future tax credit payments.
- Your Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) for Self-Assessment.
The App can also be used to complete a number of tasks that usually require the user to be logged on to a computer.
- Renew your tax credits
- Access your Help to Save account
- Using HMRC’s tax calculator to work out your take home pay after Income Tax and National Insurance deductions.
- Track forms and letters sent to HMRC
- Get 6-digit access codes to make your HMRC accounts more secure
- Claim a refund if you’ve paid too much tax
- Update your postal address
- Tell HMRC about changes that might affect your tax credits
The App is available to download on an iPhone or any compatible android style smartphone!